Monday, September 15, 2014

Well it is the "after" days of AQS

We had AQS here this year and all I can tell you is "wow"!  It was like a huge quilt party.  We got to see so many quilters that we have not seen in awhile; we got to meet new people and make new friends; we got to see all the lovely beautiful quilts; shop at the venders area; see the new and exciting wonders of the quilting world; I got to meet Gail Garber who is a wonderful teacher, Linda Hahn who does things with the New York Beauty that I have never saw, Karen Combs who creates beautiful celtic pieced illusions and many more.
We had many more venues in Chattanooga where local quilters got to show off their creative side such as: The Aquarium;  Creative Discovery Museum; Southern Belle Riverboat; Hamilton Place Mall; Bessie Smith Cultural Center; Chattanooga WorkSpace  and I could go on.  Chattanooga was just filled with quilters and their creativity.  If you did not get a chance to join us we will have AQS here for 2 more years at least so think about coming to visit next year and see how the red carpet is rolled out for AQS and all the creative energy we have in our city. I will follow up with the dates for next year event.  For now I will leave you with some wonderful photos of this truly wonderful event.













I hope you enjoyed just a drop of what we here in Chattanooga had to offer....

No comments: