Thursday, March 22, 2012

To all my Dear friends you have become like family

I am going to post this on my blog only because I initially sent out emails and did forget to let a few know and I really felt bad about it so I am only going to post about it now because I know all the details and wanted you all to know to.  You have all become like a second family to me and it has helped knowing that you all are pulling for me.
On Feb. 29th I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin s lymphoma now I know it is Stage 2- A and it is in my upper stomach and lower back.  Not sure what the A stands for yet but I will eventually.  as of today I have went thru 2 days of chemo.  The mass is my stomach is the size of a baseball and the ones in my back are half that size.  The reason it was so long is because I tend to have allergic reactions to chemicals and they were taking it slow to make sure I did not have any reactions and I am happy to say as of now I have had no reactions.  I will have treatments every 3 weeks and then need to have radiation also.  I cannot tell you honestly that I am not scared, cause I am, but with all of you and my own family you have helped me get this far and I cannot thank you enough.  My plan is to take every day as it comes and deal with that day.  I will keep stitching, by machine when I can and then hand when I can't use a machine.  You are all very special to me and I appreciate everyone of you.  Take care and be good to yourself.....Now on to more fun things...

11 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

You will get through this, I will keep you in my prayers. Enjoy nature - it is free and beautiful.

Junibears said...

Dear Sharon. I'm sure you're scared. Who wouldn't be. I have a friend in the village who had the same thing and she was treated very successfully and now it was several years ago.
I for one shall remember you in my thoughts and prayers and I am sure everybody is rootin' for you. Good luck with your treatment, sending hugs, love and blessings.
June xxx

Linda said...

All my best to you.

sandiqltr said...

Dear sweet Sharon, Thank you for this update. I will be praying for you as this progresses. I was wondering if you would like someone to go with you and sit with you while you get your chemo. I am available and would love to do that for you. Miss seeing you.

Love Of Quilts said...

Good that you didn't have a allergic reaction. Keep on stitching sounds like the best plan. Take care and let us know how you are doing. I will be praying for you. Blessing Trish

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Cancer diagnosis is so frightening and while I can't fully appreciate how you feel, my son is a cancer survivor - 3 years - and counting!!!! Hang in there and fight and when you are too tired to fight, know that others will be cheering you on. Please do take care and email me anytime you would like. Hope you get better soon. Love and prayers are going your way. :)

tisme said...

Sharon, please send me an email!! My husband had non hodkins lymphoma!! He went through chemo 5 years ago. I would love to talk to about it, if you want too.
Tammy
Tismetries
Tisgingy@msn.com

Gene Black said...

Sharon, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Do your best to be of good spirits. Know that you are loved.

Michele said...

My goodness Sharon. I'm sorry. That is so rough. It sounds like you are keeping as calm as you can. We'll all be thinking and praying for you and post when you can. Don't feel the need to be here every day. Take care of yourself first.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Sharon I have lifted you up in prayer tonight asking God first for healing, but also for strength to get through the difficult moments, for snippets of joy to take your mind of the difficult moments, and for God's grace to surround and enfold you. blessings, marlene

Brenda Cregger said...

My dear friend Sharon. My hugs are around your neck right now. And I'm wispering in your ear. Love ya girl. God loves you and this too shall pass. Prayers, hugs and love. I missed you at the Grateful Threads tonight. Ava gave me an update and everyone is praying for you. Love you lots and lots. Me.