Sunday, May 30, 2010

A horrible experience and warning to please be careful

It is with very raw feelings at this moment in time that I feel I have to post this message so hopefully others out there will be careful.
I went to the store last evening and got to the register to pay for my item and my bank card would not be accepted as a debit or credit.  So I just told the clerk to hold the items and I will go get the cash and be back just knowing that this was impossible I had just checked our account  in the morning and knew there was way more than enough in there to cover this purchase.  As I drove to the bank I called my husband to ask him if he made a large cash withdraw/purchase  that I did not know about, even though I knew that this was unlikely since we never do anything like that without discussing it first.  Of course he said he did not and to just go get the cash out and he would call the bank and just check it out.  In about 4 minutes he called me back and said to come straight home.  All the time I am thinking well what the hey is going on, I know we had to pay our house payment yet but other than that we just paid our other bills  on Thursday and there was enough in there to make our house payment and for the next few weeks to live on.  Little did we know that at 5: 28 pm someone had totally cleaned our account out.  We were and are devastated that someone out there thinks that they can just do this and get away with it.  Yes the bank has started a fraudulent claim and my card has been frozen but this does not help the situation at the moment because the fraud department is not open until Tuesday and the lady said that this will take 5 to 10 business working days to investigate and they do cover us for any nsf fees that occur and that we will get the money back pending the investigation.  At first we were just dumb struck and very sad and now I am just so mad I cannot even think straight.  Who prays on someone else's hard earned money to live their life????  What kind of person causes this kind of hardship on someone else????  I can think of some pretty awful names for this person but will stick with a coward, a thief, a person with no morals and certainly not a christian.
I am sorry that this is such a  negative post but we are just devastated and if my experience can help anyone else by making you all really check out your bank accounts then it is worth the post.  This has truly been a horrible experience and an eye opener for both my husband and myself.  All we know at this time is that it was somewhere in LaCinche, Province of Quebec and will no be able to get anything else until he bank opens on Tuesday.  So please take care everyone and yes it truly does happen.

12 comments:

Pat said...

I am SO sorry this happened to you. The only thing I can think to tell you is that it was not due to any fault of YOURS......there is nothing you could have done differently that would have prevented this. And you will get the money back and have any fees covered...so that is at least good. I know it is sickening, though, to know that any of us could be preyed upon like this. The world is full of some horrible people...that's for sure....and one of them took advantage of you. Let's hope they catch whoever did it.

Tudy said...

What a awful thing to happen. It has to cause many problems. I hope all works out for you on Tues. You are in my prayers.

grammy and papi said...

Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear about this. You are certainly in my prayers. I'm sure you feel violated. I'm so thankful the bank will cover your losses, but I know in the meantime, having an empty bank account is not comforting. I'm praying that you will be able to find PEACE in this situation.

Have a God Filled Day
Shirley

julietk said...

How awful, it is a shame there are such people. I hope it is all sorted as quickly as possible for you.

Linda Smith said...

That is terrible. I hope it all gets straightened out as fast as possible.

Joanna said...

What a scary experience. I hope it all works out for you, but you shouldn't have to go through it. I hope the creep who did it gets caught. I'll pray for you, too.

SewCalGal said...

I am very sorry this terrible thing has happened to you. I hope the fraud department will make this easy on you and resolve all these issues, as they should. And I hope the catch the terrible person that did this.

Thanks for taking the time to share this with all of us as it does help to alert others.

Hugs, many hugs.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Cris A said...

reading this just made me sick to my stomach! I know it's not as devestating, but my son had some things stolen from our recent garage sale, he is 11, and he is just heartbroken over it! I just don't understand how people can have no conscience! It just makes my blood boil! The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that karma will come back to bite them in the butt one day! Keep your head up and I pray things work out quickly for you!

Marilyn said...

What an awful experience to go through. Hopefully all will get sorted out and the person responsible will be caught.
Will be thinking of you over this loooong weekend as you wait for Tuesday

Anonymous said...

I used to be a credit card fraud investigator here in the UK and the way these people trash lives without a seconds thought always did and still does scare me. To them it's just money, I once had a lady tell me after I contacted her, she felt she had been raped. Sadly you won't be the only one they did it to that day.
Love and hugs sent to you XX

Delia (Del) said...

Sharon how awful for you. I hope it is sorted out now. I have words I call these people also not as nice as you are with the words...lol
Delia

RTA said...

You are in my prayers. From Spain