Sunday, November 1, 2009

My recent class "Cathedral Windows"


Well I had signed up for a class about 2 months ago and almost forgot about it. But it was for the machine version of "cathedral windows" Well we only got this far in the class. Now if I do get to start mine in the new year I will be using the red fabric as I want it for a Christmas quilt but I will be not using the muslin, that was just for the class and learning the technique. I can tell you that it was nice working on their sewing machines and it only enriches my tast for a Bernina some day....enjoy

Note: I had this marked for "attic" windows until Pat reminded me to check my windows and they must have been dirty because it is "Cathedral" windows pattern, thanks Pat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, we think alike. I was Blog Surfing the other day and came across some really nice tutorial on the Cathedral Windows quilt. I bookmarked all of them and thought I would give a whirl on this top, bascially because most of it is hand sewn. I love the fabric you have chosen as well, very Christmasy looking. Love to see it complated.

Pat said...

I've always called that pattern "cathedral windows" and a totally different one I've called attic windows...guess they are called different names in different areas. Your learning piece looks very nice.